Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Loooong Pose

This Tuesday, was our last class period and my last class EVER as an undergraduate!! I am very excited to be done with classes and I am ready to start student teaching! So, during class, we did a drawing that was roughly 2 1/2 hours. In some aspects it felt super long but in other ways it didn't seem long enough. When I started drawing I had every intention of covering as much of the paper as possible but my drawing kept getting smaller and smaller. It was hard to get the details of the feet, hands and the face. I think it is easier for me to understand the form of the body but I still make small mistakes that add up. I still have trouble figuring out how to foreshorten the rib cage, that is something tricky.

I have started my final shell drawing and I must say I am trying harder this time and working on it more. I think I wasn't as successful on my other shells because I over thought the idea of cross contour and just thought of it as a grid. I think that's where I went wrong. With this shell drawing I am slowing down and stopping drawing when I get annoyed; I want to enjoy drawing the shell and I think I would just power through not liking what I was creating. I am also treating the cross contour more as a guideline and trying to think of the lines as cross hatching as well. Stepping back every few minutes help too; I would stare at the paper for too long too close.

Below is the final drawing from our long pose on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment