Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Final Blog

The final blog, my oh my! I can't believe this semester is over, it went by so fast. Over the course of the semester, I feel I have grown and gotten better at life drawing. In my midterm blog post I wrote about how I think my greatest strength is my willingness to learn, I still believe that is true. I think I have learned a lot during this last half of the semester. I feel that with every drawing, it becomes easier to understand the human form and it doesn't take as long from me to draw the body either. I think my shell drawings show the greatest improvement. If you compare my first shell drawing to my last, there is a big difference. I wanted to have more fun with this last shell drawing, to step back more and really observe what I was drawing. The difference in my shells shows that I have to ability to grow, take what I have learned and then apply it, it just takes some time.

I have learned so much more about the human body since mid-semester but especially on how to draw parts of the body such as the hands, feet and skull. I think learning those details helped make the body seem more complete and helped me look at the body as a whole. I think that has been one of my problems, I've seen all of my work in life drawing as incomplete but now that I somewhat understand how to draw the hands, feet and head everything seems to be more complete.

I will use this information next semester when I student teach and later in life when I'm an art teacher myself. Knowing how to draw people and the anatomy of the body will be helpful; everything and anything I know will only help me and make me a more confident teacher. Being able to explain how the human body is drawn and using correct terminology will be very beneficial. It will help the students respect me because I have knowledge and the information that they will need to learn to become artists.

Below is a link to the images for our final:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44068237@N04/sets/72157623015364842/

Peace and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment